Registration for the summer of 2018 is open now. The more popular sessions fill up quickly and you are advised to sign up early to avoid disappointment. There are some changes to the programs this year, in particular CANSail 3/4 courses are now offered only as a 4 week option. We have found that shorter course do not offer enough time for sailor skill development and practice.
A 10% early bird discount is offered on all courses until March 20th
After March 20th the following discounts are available:
- A 10% discount for a second child in the same immediate family when both children are registered at the same time. This discount is applied automatically to the registration total in the final payment screen
- A 10% discount to current EYC members. Member discounts are manually applied and must be requested by sending an email with your name and membership number to email@example.com.
Notes and Conditions
- The Program is open to all youth between the ages of 7 to 17, who want to have fun and experience the thrill of sailing !
- Participants must have passed the preceeding CANSail level prior to registering for any listed courses. EYC Junior Sail Program staff may access on-line records or request previous course transcripts and certificates at anytime before or during the registered session. Students who cannot validate they have the pre-requisite qualifications may not be able to continue to participate and/or receive a program certificate at the end of the program.
- Should a student be registered in an incorrect program for any reason, the Junior Sail Program will use its best effort to re-register the student in the appropriate program. Should the appropriate program be full, the student may be deemed unable to continue participation without refund or any other compensation.
- Where noted, Advanced and Race Programs and other related events are subject to HST.
- Advanced or other CANSail programs not listed may be available by special request. Please contact the JSP Registrar at the email listed below for more details.
- All courses start at 9:00am and finish at 4:00pm. If the student is registered in the optional Early Drop Off or Late Pick-up services, then late pick-up must be made prior to 5:30 or additional fees will be applied. The Early Drop Off and Late Pick-up services are limited to providing a safe supervised environment and students should come prepared with classroom-friendly activities or other materials to occupy this time. Students under the age of 14 can only be released from any JSP program or facility to a parent or guardian and are not permitted to self sign-out.
- EYC reserves the right to cancel sessions with a full refund 10 days prior to the program’s start date if minimum registration levels are not met. The amount of “on the water” time will vary with each session as sailing is totally weather dependant. The Coaches will use a “safety first” criteria to determine if sailing conditions are acceptable and if not, will use best efforts to provide alternative activities. However, EYC cannot be held responsible for any resulting impact from these actions.
- Cancellations requested four weeks prior to the program start date will be assessed a $50 admin fee. Cancellations received within four weeks of the program start date will receive a 50% partial refund. No refunds will be considered after courses have commenced for any reason. Please refer to the Program Guide for the complete JSP cancellation policy.